Pages

Monday, November 8, 2021

sexxxy paragraphs eng2021

 scene- they don't own me 

brainstorm- angles/ movement/ shots - over the shoulder, puts us in listeners pov.  

                                                              makes us part of the conversations 

music X diegetic sound                      close-ups- shows the emotions of the two- nervous, anxious mostly                                                                                  Peeta 

*lighting/colour- mood- sad, gloomy- greys, darks, blacks, dim lighting- works with c/u to highlight emotions on the face                                             

settings X                      

costumes/ makeup X 

character/ dialogue  "I don't want them to change me" 

                                 " I don't want to be another piece in their game"

                                 " if I'm going to die I wanna still be me " 

theme- rich vs poor, hope & rebellion, struggle for power 

what happened- Peeta and katniss are hearing a conversation about how the games might affect them 

atmosphere- foreboding, hesitant, nervous, reluctant 

- lighting & colour p.2

- dialogue p.1

- close-up p.3


in the scene 'they don't own me; dialogue is used to create a foreboding atmosphere.

Katniss and Peeta are having a conversation about how the upcoming games might affect them. this is demonstrated by the quotes " I don't want them to change me; and "if I'm going to die I still want to be me" spoken by Peeta. This shows that Peeta has a scene that he is going to have to do things that he doesn't want to do like kill others this makes the audience feel sorry for Peeta because he is most likely going to die or kill others to survive. the director did this to make us believe Peeta would die early and that being a tribute isn't something to celebrate but a loss of personal autonomy. this worked well with the dark colours of blacks and greys which adds to the foreboding atmosphere this aspect can be contrasted to when Peeta joins the career pact once in the games because they are cold-hearted killers which is what Peeta didn't want to be. 





No comments:

Post a Comment